Thursday, May 15, 2008

Introducing Justin

Yes, GAFCON is seeming a lot closer than when we signed up for this!

By way of introduction, I am Justin Denholm. Like Jenny, I'm also a lay delegate. During the week, I work as a doctor in a public hospital, and I'm also involved in various ethics-related activities. I'm a member of St Jude's Anglican Church in Carlton, where I am also part of the Vestry.

Before travelling to GAFCON, my wife and I will be in Vancouver for a few weeks. We will be visiting some family, but I'm also hoping to stop in at St John's Shaughnessy to worship with them before heading off to Jerusalem. The circumstances that surround GAFCON have put many faithful Anglicans around the world in a difficult position, and I want to have their situation high on my own agenda as I talk with people about the future of the church.

We are all getting ready to go in different ways, but I know all of the delegates are talking with people around them to make sure people understand what GAFCON is and why we are going. I'm going to be speaking to a few congregations on Sunday to discuss this. We are very keen for people to be well-informed about this, and particularly to make sure that many people are praying for us while we are away. I also want to encourage people to pray for wisdom and clarity for those meeting in Jordan ahead of GAFCON.

I'll look forward to keeping you all up to date through this blog!