Thursday, May 15, 2008

From Richard Trist

I am attending GAFCON in my capacity as Training Officer for EFAC Victoria and through the generosity of a number of EFAC Supporters.

Like the other Melbourne delegates I am looking forward to meeting people from around the globe and hearing of what God is doing amongst them. I hope that we will be able to bring back to our own Diocese some significant reflections to assist us in our own mission as well as perspectives on the current issues facing us as the Anglican Communion.

Post GAFCON I will be travelling to London with Wei-Han where I hope to catch up with friends from All Souls Langham Place, and then attend the EFAC International Conference in Bristol from July 8-10.

I hope our combined blogs will be useful to in keeping others in Melbourne in touch with what is occurring at GAFCON and help us all to respond thoughtfully to our future as Anglicans committed to global mission.

We are planning a gathering in Melbourne in August to report back to EFAC members and any others on the Conference and will post the details soon.